Synergistic blend of inhibited calcium chloride, glycerols, and high-performance wetting agents to melt ice-packed coal and prevent belts and coal from freezing. Increases safety and lowers costs by preventing the formation of bonded ice and snow. Eliminates belt hardening and prevents coal slides. Removes and prevents build up of ice on idlers and pulleys.
- Works Fast: Melts ice at temperatures down to -25°F faster than magnesium chloride, potassium acetate, urea, and other salts.
- Works at Low Temperatures: Provides freeze protection down to temperatures as low as -70°F.
- 80-90% Less Corrosive: Contains corrosion inhibitors to protect metals -- corrosion rates are less than 4mils per year.
- Breaks Ice Bonds: Interferes with hydrogen bonding, modifying the crystalline structure and weakening ice formations.
- Prevents Sliding: Increases SCoF (static coefficient of friction) on belts.
- Colorless application
- All HMIS codes of 1 or 0
- Contains zero phosphates
- Contains no ethylene glycol or alcohol
- Ultra-low VOC (volatile organic compounds)
- Contains no toxic chemicals subject to the reporting requirements of Section 313 of the Emergency Planning & Community Right to Know Act of 1986 (40CFR372).