A concentated wet coal flow promoter. When the moisture content of coal is 12 - 18% the coal becomes very sticky and can clog chutes and hopper. Flowtrol 195 reduces or eliminates chute and downcomer pluggage, rat-holing, sidewall deposits, and bridging or arching in these areas of high compaction pressure or narrow chute diameters.
- Treated coal is free-flowing
- Disrupts capillary bridging (hydrogen bonding)
- Gives more active storage volume while minimizing labor cost
- Contains no sulfur and will not affect BTU values or ash production rates
- Coal mines facilitate loading operations and can minimize customer complaints of wet coal handling problems
- Steel mills can assure more uniform material throughputs and more consistent product bulk densities
- Coal-firing power plants avoid derations and the need to purchase costly make-up power